Saturday, March 22, 2008

Quickest Update EVER

Alright, so I figure I should at least update you guys REAL QUICK. Ha! A nearly impossible task for me. So my Gram passed away in January. It was a bummer, but we were SO glad we decided to go see her for Christmas. If you remember, she had gone into the hospital because of pancreatitis. She went to a nursing home to recoop, but then went back to the hospital with the same condition. The docs said she could have come back from that but her other systems were failing, mainly respiratory. She was a super, super neat lady (grams that swear can be pretty cool :)) but most of all an AMAZING cook. I feel so proud any time I successfully make one of her clutch recipes. Speaking of, I made her sweet bread and would you believe it came out?? It's the BEST. So yummy. So I have a good excuse to make it when we have company. It's spectacular with nutella :).

Here are some pics of Z...



Must have all three bats, of course :)

He actually got this on by himself!


Being silly on the potty...

He actually warmed up to Maggie when we went up to PA for Gram's funeral! Yea!

A Paul's genuine pie face - he didn't know Luke was taking the picture!
Some of our clan...

Random people I don't know :)

BS-ing with Tab. I'm sure it was a great story :)

Being silly. And btw, that's an old-school crock pot that does NOT come out of the shell! I'm glad things have advanced, because I'm sure it's a pain to clean.

My cousin Lauren...

Uncle Luke...

Maggie and her dad...

Z likes to put pieces of food on his cup. I've tried telling him (I believe to no avail) that he has to take them OFF before trying to take a drink.

Playing with diapers...


Gotta keep him amused on the potty one way or the other...

I LOVE this pic! I took it with my cell phone (yeah, we didn't buy our phones because of the cameras). He was saying hello and pretending the camera was a phone. It's my background on my phone.

Naked!! He's still small for his age (just barely 21 pounds!) and so cute when he's naked. His skinny little legs and huge head..."Like an orange on a toothpick!"



Again on the potty. We've spent a significant amount of time on the potty in the last few months.


Okay, so we move in three days!!! THREE DAYS! That's why this is super fast. Most of our stuff is in boxes with the last little bit getting ready. It's not easy packing all of your belongings! But it does make you realize how materialistic our society is. So we'll be moving in with Paul and Maggie in the Bay area until J gets a job in Redding. That's where we hope to end up. Jason's dad flew in Thursday night and he'll drive the vehicles out with Jason. Zach and I get to fly out EARLY on Tuesday. Then we can eat at In-N-Out :).

And we've still been potty training...though it always seems as though we're at an impasse. But I guess this too will pass :). He's been doing awesome since we came home from PA in January, but only sometimes will tell us that he has to go - and when he doesn't it's just a guess to when he'll need to use the potty. All about the timing right now. But I really think he understands when he has to go, he's just not willing to communicate that right now. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. We'd like to stop using diapers as soon as possible! :) And training pants are even more expensive... :(. Though I am very glad he made the switch to the big potty with no problems. He actually asked to sit on there!

Anyway, Z should be up soon but just wanted to give everyone a quick little update. Before we move all the way across the country. We're so excited to be closer to family, and for the WEATHER! And the culture...it really just is a different place.

Of course, I have more recent pictures to post, but I'll manage that when we land in California...the promised land!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer you guys didn't wait like...a week and a half to move. My mom, Katie, and I are going to be in that area until the 14th of April. :( Sad.

March 22, 2008 11:06 AM  
Blogger rach said...

hi jason jodee

March 23, 2008 1:37 PM  
Blogger Jason and Jodee said...

Hey Rachel!

Sorry we didn't post back right away - we've been pretty busy packing. I hope all is well with you. We had a crazy snow storm for about an hour today. Dad and I should be heading out Tuesday morning and we'll take most of the week to get to California. Hope all is well with you!

Jason

March 23, 2008 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home