Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hats!!

Alright, folks. Well, we're just a few hours away from heading to the airport for Thanksgiving travel, but I thought I'd try to work on this post a bit. If I can it won't have to be super huge!

So we'll be "that guy" with the baby with the runny nose...Zach has somehow managed to pick up a runny nose :(. I've checked his temperature multiple times, and only once was it a little high. And he's seemed perky enough. I don't have any symptoms (to Jason's amazement), though J's throat has been a little tickley. We've had to reintroduce the medicine bib :). And Zach just HATES the saline up the nose. Not that I'm much like it, either...

So here are some pics. Zach was snuggling with Jason this day. It was cute, although neither of them seemed to enjoy the continuous flashing from the camera :). You have to take several to get a good shot.

Z just loves to put hats on his head. Doesn't matter whose it is. He even likes to walk around with it on even if it blocks his view...I have to make sure he doesn't run into anything! Although it does seem like he knows the layout pretty well. But he got this hat on and was walking around like a gangsta - his pants were all low and his hat all crooked. He's just a cutie.

He didn't have as much success with this hat...I don't know how it managed to stay on for so long. But he did it all by himself. It's one of Jason's work hats (they brand them and give them away for advertising), so it would have been cool if you could see the logo, but I don't think Z had that in mind :). The last few days (even though he's been sniffly) he's still been playing nicely in his bedroom for a significant amount of time. And now he likes to hand you a book and have you read it. Over and over and over :). We read through a few and learned about trees, bikes, and most importantly hats! He just loves them. His Pooh beanie will be carted around by the knot for hours.

I just love this pic. Often Z thinks we are chasing him (in his defense we do it an awful lot) and he'll run away. With him off kilter and his hat all askew, it makes for a funny picture.

We've had the pack n play out lately to break him into it - at first he didn't like it! I'd just start to set him in it and he'd start crying. But now he seems to be well adapted. We didn't want to get to Paul's house and have him freak out. Though the pack n play doesn't seem like the most comfy of beds, so we've been going back and forth between the "big bed" and "small bed."

Another hat picture. We like our kid :).

And I am constantly showing him that lots of things can fit into other things. So then he decided to put his cup in the parmesan cheese container. It was stuck for a while (though he liked it that way) and he would drink out of it as such.


Well I'll let that be all for now. It's like my shortest post ever! We are super stoked to visit Paul and Maggie (and In N Out!). Hopefully Z will be good for us...even though he won't get an afternoon nap (most likely) and will go to bed very late. But as they haven't invented the transporter yet, we don't have much choice. We are bringing some balls and books for the trip. And some balloons. Z just loves them. The other day he carted one of his around saying "balloo" over and over - I think he enjoyed the different tone the word made because his nose was all stuffed up. I wanted to get some small new toys and books for the trip, but never managed to find any. So we'll do our best. We're going to be taking some bread for him to munch on. He just loves it! And the last loaf I made had half and half white and wheat flour. Turned out pretty well!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Hi Guys,
The PacknPlay is great-take it. At least someone will be able to sleep..Grin. We would put it in the living room with us and Hunter would go to sleep while the rest of us visited.
We would also have a 13" TV going with a Disney movie so Hunter would watch all the pretty colors while he had his bottle or sippy cup. Wow, those sippy cups are great. They don't leak out.
Have a nice trip.
Love Mom

November 17, 2007 7:31 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Have so much fun...eat some In-n-Out for us please! Gosh does that sound good right now...

November 18, 2007 6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hats!! How cool. Mr. Z and Pappa Bob are going to get along just fine.

Hope your Thanksgiving trip was a special one. We all have so much to be thankful for.

Love to all, Dad

November 25, 2007 2:55 PM  
Blogger The Momma Chronicles said...

So ummmmm, really diggin all the baby cuteness! One of these days I'm going to sit down and read your blog from back to front so I can catch up proper like.

Miss you guys,
Dellaina

December 03, 2007 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home