Pre-California Move
Alright, so because I'm TERRIBLE at posting, here are some pics from a few months ago. Well, maybe more than a few...they're from Feb and March. But I'll have to do several small posts to get you up to date.
Here's another turtle Zach received for Valentine's day. He loves carrying it around as the neck is small enough for him to wrap his arm around. As of late, he calls all his turtles "baby turtle."

Before we moved we had several days with a significant amount of snow. It was fun but cold, and we generally don't like the cold. But Zach got to wear his snow suit (which is now in the closet, not being used). He likes to make snowmen, and even now if we stack two balls on top of each other he calls it a snowman. We didn't have a heap of snow this time to make a super huge snowman. 'Course we were limited by time, because Z's hands got cold (along with all of me).

Zach LOVED to help us pack. I kept putting stuff in the boxes and he would keep taking them out. "Help" is a very loose term. Sometimes he would put things in, just not the things I wanted :). Here's Z trying on some of my shoes.

On the chair. Some of the stuffed animals made the cut to come to Paul's, while the others got shoved in a big tub.

We ended up putting all of the packed boxes in our little storage room outside our apartment, then when that filled up we started using Zach's closet. Which was way bigger than ours, so it worked out well. He would love to play in there while I was packing things - I tried to pack as much as I could in his bedroom so I could keep an eye on him. He loved to sit on the box underneath the one he's on in the picture - I actually had to help him get up there. But then he could lean against the other box. Of course, I wasn't very specific with Jason as to which boxes he could sit on, so when I told J Z could play on the boxes, he put Z up here. Then Z's world was widened and he realized he could get up there by himself. Which ended playing in the closet without close supervision. 'Cause he didn't just stop there - he was playing all over those things. I don't know how most kids are, but he just loves to climb. We should get him into rock climbing :).

Jelly face!

These are from the second week of March. That's right, snow. In March. When it should be warm. Another reason why we moved :). I think we got a total of 8 or 9 inches. It was actually pretty cool to take Z out and play. Though it made a mess for the people who didn't clean their cars off when it was just snow - then it melted, froze and became ice. But we went out frequently, for as long as Z stayed warm. He really got a big kick out of putting his hands into the fresh snow. If it was trampled on, he'd head to the fresh stuff.

Here's Z standing in the snow to get an idea of how much we had. 'Course, his hands ended up getting cold as we don't have gloves but just mittens. Since they're just cloth, the get wet and then cold pretty easily. So to keep him a little warmer, I put a pair of socks on underneath the mittens :).

On top of part of our snowman (which, by the way, is harder to make proportional than I thought!).

And tasting snow.

Before we left I wanted to go to the zoo a few more times, but we only ended up going once. I really like the Louisville Zoo, so if anyone is ever in that part of town they should check it out. Anyway, Z decided he wanted to try and pick up ALL of the sticks he could find. It was pretty cute. He still sticks his tongue out when he's really focusing.

And I couldn't decide about these ones, so you get two for the price of one :).

Here's another turtle Zach received for Valentine's day. He loves carrying it around as the neck is small enough for him to wrap his arm around. As of late, he calls all his turtles "baby turtle."

Before we moved we had several days with a significant amount of snow. It was fun but cold, and we generally don't like the cold. But Zach got to wear his snow suit (which is now in the closet, not being used). He likes to make snowmen, and even now if we stack two balls on top of each other he calls it a snowman. We didn't have a heap of snow this time to make a super huge snowman. 'Course we were limited by time, because Z's hands got cold (along with all of me).

Zach LOVED to help us pack. I kept putting stuff in the boxes and he would keep taking them out. "Help" is a very loose term. Sometimes he would put things in, just not the things I wanted :). Here's Z trying on some of my shoes.

On the chair. Some of the stuffed animals made the cut to come to Paul's, while the others got shoved in a big tub.

We ended up putting all of the packed boxes in our little storage room outside our apartment, then when that filled up we started using Zach's closet. Which was way bigger than ours, so it worked out well. He would love to play in there while I was packing things - I tried to pack as much as I could in his bedroom so I could keep an eye on him. He loved to sit on the box underneath the one he's on in the picture - I actually had to help him get up there. But then he could lean against the other box. Of course, I wasn't very specific with Jason as to which boxes he could sit on, so when I told J Z could play on the boxes, he put Z up here. Then Z's world was widened and he realized he could get up there by himself. Which ended playing in the closet without close supervision. 'Cause he didn't just stop there - he was playing all over those things. I don't know how most kids are, but he just loves to climb. We should get him into rock climbing :).

Jelly face!

These are from the second week of March. That's right, snow. In March. When it should be warm. Another reason why we moved :). I think we got a total of 8 or 9 inches. It was actually pretty cool to take Z out and play. Though it made a mess for the people who didn't clean their cars off when it was just snow - then it melted, froze and became ice. But we went out frequently, for as long as Z stayed warm. He really got a big kick out of putting his hands into the fresh snow. If it was trampled on, he'd head to the fresh stuff.

Here's Z standing in the snow to get an idea of how much we had. 'Course, his hands ended up getting cold as we don't have gloves but just mittens. Since they're just cloth, the get wet and then cold pretty easily. So to keep him a little warmer, I put a pair of socks on underneath the mittens :).

On top of part of our snowman (which, by the way, is harder to make proportional than I thought!).

And tasting snow.

Before we left I wanted to go to the zoo a few more times, but we only ended up going once. I really like the Louisville Zoo, so if anyone is ever in that part of town they should check it out. Anyway, Z decided he wanted to try and pick up ALL of the sticks he could find. It was pretty cute. He still sticks his tongue out when he's really focusing.

And I couldn't decide about these ones, so you get two for the price of one :).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home