Late June
After that we headed back to CA where the sun always shines and In-N-Out burgers are always delicious. Z loves to help wash cars (in his swim shorts, again).

So I finally got up the courage to donate my hair. I had wanted to do it before we came up, but didn't want to rush it and get some idiot who messed it up. I went to a beauty school, so it didn't cost much at all. But I kept hearing Virginia's voice in my head, so I whacked it all off. Which, by the way, if you are going to do, make sure you have your hair in a tight pony tail, or better yet, one on either side (pig tails). We wasted a lot because the chick had no idea what she was doing (nor I), and it made me sad. But together we came up with a cut that turned out pretty well. She was afraid I wasn't going to be ready to lose my hair and would start crying. It's totally different, but I wasn't sad. Probably would have been if it hadn't been to Locks of Love.

Crazy pic. Mid-word, I guess. Jason says the cut really makes me look like mom. It actually reminds me of my old boss :).
So we're driving down the road in Oakland and we see this car. Neon, sparkly green. The pic doesn't do it justice as it was with my phone and the car was moving. Even had rims to match. Jason kept telling me to put the phone down so we wouldn't get shot.

Zachary rolling over in the tub. He just loves to play in there, and he finally started getting comfortable with being more in the water. He "swims" on his belly a lot.

Downward dog.

With no hands!

We ended up doing a lot of hiking with the Zach pack. Jason carried Z while I kept "training" to carry him - with my pack of about 15 or 20 lbs (depending on the day). It's a good workout, and a nice break. Here are the boys doing "airplane." We've seen all sorts of things on our walks - coyotes, baby turkeys, and some deer. Not to mention lots of lizards. One of which was actually a shiny blue! It was really neat.


We went to this animal hospital (it was free as a reciprocal zoo thing) and got to play with a bunny. They had all sorts of big birds and a wolf, as well as several little animals.

He was actually pretty shy at first about touching it, and we had to wait for some of the more aggressive kids to leave.

Bumming with J.
We took another hike through the Redwood Regional Forrest. Maggie must have been working that day, because she didn't go with us. I actually carried my pack this time, so we all looked like crazy folk. But at least we all matched. We learned to attach Zach's hat and later his water cup with rubber bands and twisty ties. It really helps as we would have lost them several times over without them.
Zach likes to pull his hat down low, especially when it's pretty sunny.


Stopping for a break. It was actually pretty cold when we did! Hiking kept us pretty warm.
So those of you who are dog people, don't assume everyone else is. Or try to push your love of those things on other people. We were coming down a hill, and I was in front. Just past the bottom on the trail were a few people with a big ol' fatty dog (one of the "aggressive" breeds), of course not on a leash (signs say they're required!). I slow down to let the owners get the dog and also wait for Paul and J. And instead of getting their dog, they just let him run up to me! He just comes hauling up the hill barking. Now I don't really like dogs, but I was a little afraid because I didn't know if he was going to hurt me or not. So I freeze and bring my arms in. "Don't worry, he's friendly," they say. Do I care? He should still be on a leash. Then the dog goes over to Paul, my hero, and starts jumping on him (did I mention he tried to do that with me?). Paul says "I'm not," and throws his leg out to block the dog, kicking it in the mouth. It was awesome. But honestly, people, don't assume that just because you're a dog person or your dog is "friendly" that we want to be. And keep them on a leash if those are the rules. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.
Everybody likes apple pie, and Z couldn't help but solicit me for some.
One day I couldn't find his water, but came across it later.

So that's June. By that time Z was speaking in full sentences, and getting pretty familiar with his colors, numbers, and many spanish words. He really is a pretty smart cookie.
I don't know when it was, but we all got hooked on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. He is crazy funny! We would DVR it and watch it all together. Nothing brings a family together like Jon Stewart :).

So I finally got up the courage to donate my hair. I had wanted to do it before we came up, but didn't want to rush it and get some idiot who messed it up. I went to a beauty school, so it didn't cost much at all. But I kept hearing Virginia's voice in my head, so I whacked it all off. Which, by the way, if you are going to do, make sure you have your hair in a tight pony tail, or better yet, one on either side (pig tails). We wasted a lot because the chick had no idea what she was doing (nor I), and it made me sad. But together we came up with a cut that turned out pretty well. She was afraid I wasn't going to be ready to lose my hair and would start crying. It's totally different, but I wasn't sad. Probably would have been if it hadn't been to Locks of Love.

Crazy pic. Mid-word, I guess. Jason says the cut really makes me look like mom. It actually reminds me of my old boss :).

So we're driving down the road in Oakland and we see this car. Neon, sparkly green. The pic doesn't do it justice as it was with my phone and the car was moving. Even had rims to match. Jason kept telling me to put the phone down so we wouldn't get shot.

Zachary rolling over in the tub. He just loves to play in there, and he finally started getting comfortable with being more in the water. He "swims" on his belly a lot.

Downward dog.

With no hands!

We ended up doing a lot of hiking with the Zach pack. Jason carried Z while I kept "training" to carry him - with my pack of about 15 or 20 lbs (depending on the day). It's a good workout, and a nice break. Here are the boys doing "airplane." We've seen all sorts of things on our walks - coyotes, baby turkeys, and some deer. Not to mention lots of lizards. One of which was actually a shiny blue! It was really neat.


We went to this animal hospital (it was free as a reciprocal zoo thing) and got to play with a bunny. They had all sorts of big birds and a wolf, as well as several little animals.

He was actually pretty shy at first about touching it, and we had to wait for some of the more aggressive kids to leave.

Bumming with J.

We took another hike through the Redwood Regional Forrest. Maggie must have been working that day, because she didn't go with us. I actually carried my pack this time, so we all looked like crazy folk. But at least we all matched. We learned to attach Zach's hat and later his water cup with rubber bands and twisty ties. It really helps as we would have lost them several times over without them.
Zach likes to pull his hat down low, especially when it's pretty sunny.


Stopping for a break. It was actually pretty cold when we did! Hiking kept us pretty warm.

So those of you who are dog people, don't assume everyone else is. Or try to push your love of those things on other people. We were coming down a hill, and I was in front. Just past the bottom on the trail were a few people with a big ol' fatty dog (one of the "aggressive" breeds), of course not on a leash (signs say they're required!). I slow down to let the owners get the dog and also wait for Paul and J. And instead of getting their dog, they just let him run up to me! He just comes hauling up the hill barking. Now I don't really like dogs, but I was a little afraid because I didn't know if he was going to hurt me or not. So I freeze and bring my arms in. "Don't worry, he's friendly," they say. Do I care? He should still be on a leash. Then the dog goes over to Paul, my hero, and starts jumping on him (did I mention he tried to do that with me?). Paul says "I'm not," and throws his leg out to block the dog, kicking it in the mouth. It was awesome. But honestly, people, don't assume that just because you're a dog person or your dog is "friendly" that we want to be. And keep them on a leash if those are the rules. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.
Everybody likes apple pie, and Z couldn't help but solicit me for some.

One day I couldn't find his water, but came across it later.

So that's June. By that time Z was speaking in full sentences, and getting pretty familiar with his colors, numbers, and many spanish words. He really is a pretty smart cookie.
I don't know when it was, but we all got hooked on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. He is crazy funny! We would DVR it and watch it all together. Nothing brings a family together like Jon Stewart :).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home