Thursday, January 01, 2009

Boating 8-18

More boating! This time we left Z at home - I think we left just before or just after he went down for his nap. And this time we brought toys! We had purchased a cheap intertube to play around with as not everybody wants to go on the wakeboard. It was actually a fairly cold/overcast day, but oh well.

As usual, it took us forever to start up the boat. Not to mention kill some things in the environment. Don't know why, but Jason always has a hard time starting it up. But then off we went! J had put a huge, full ice chest in the back of the boat to give us more wake. I think Chad went first on the intertube, but I didn't get any pics of him. Or J. But here are a few of Amanda.


I actually had a go, and it was quite fun. J pulled me, and he was pretty gentle. I didn't really want to be flung everywhere. I was a little concerned about the bottoms of my swimsuit, and when I got dumped all my concerns were validated. Thankfully I was already in the water and they only moved a little. Amanda's almost came all the way off when she spilled! Us girls need to have a little better planning :).

Then I pulled J on the tube, and at some points my driving warranted a yawn. But I wasn't used to driving the boat, so it took me a while. But I got the hang of it a little better (with some coaching from Chad).

And of course J played on the wakeboard for a bit. I actually managed to get some pretty cool pics!



Amie's still learning to like the water and swimming, so she just held flag duty. Though she said maybe next year she'll try (she's been working on learning to swim this year).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home