Are Pigs Flying?
Yeah me! 2nd post in like a week! Zach has been waking up at least once a night (a few nights twice), but last night went from 6:45 to 5:50! Yea! It's like this huge see-saw with him...some nights he goes all the way, then some nights he doesn't. We haven't been able to figure out why. And last night Jason put Z to sleep by himself and it went just great (last week, really really bad).
We made heaps of banana bread this week. We made one recipe, decided we didn't like it and so I made another recipe I had. It was great. Then we had to make another for our friends that come over on Tuesday to watch Idol and House. Warm bread with some Nutella...it's heaven. And I also made some monkey bread for my massage therapist yesterday. She really liked it. It's nice to finally be able to make stuff during the day! It's taken a while, but I really do like cooking and baking. You can take some flour, sugar, eggs and some other stuff and make tasty food - a nice sense of accomplishment.
So here's some recent pics. I still have lots more that I have to go through, but I figured I'd get a quick post up. Jason said I can't put any more on our hard drive until we clean it out and put stuff on disk...apparently lots of pictures bog down an old computer. Who knew?
This was on February 15th. It looks like he has a big head because of the stipe down his shoulders. Of course, kids just have big heads anyway :).

There's a mirror on his gym that makes tummy time a little more fun.

We like to set him on the couch so he can learn to sit up. He was sitting next to his daddy here. Jason must have said something funny (or that was supposed to be funny), because Zach has his eyebrows raised. We can't usually get that on camera because they are so light.

I let him pick between his toys now - I'll hold up two and see which one he wants. That way he can learn decision making skills (so what if he's only 5 months? :)) He really likes his little frog.
This one is so cute - he looks like he was having a talk with it or something. Yeah, and he spits everywhere. We always keep a rag handy, but if you don't clean him for a few minutes his shirt will be soaked.

Or he just wanted to eat it. He'll even do this with his feet. You can just see him slowly falling foward with his mouth open, going for his toys or his feet. Doesn't help that he can't sit up straight yet.

But he's super cute, so it doesn't matter.
I actually took lots of pictures with Z standing up on J, but they were a little blurry because he's pretty tipsy. But if we flip through them fast enough it looks like he's dancing. This one isn't quite as exciting, but it's clear :).

To wake the baby or to not wake the baby...Poor tyke fell asleep on the ride home from the chiropractor. For those of you who have seen French Kiss, you can just hear "My ass is twitching...you people make my ass twitch."
This was February 19th. We have to pad him really well with blankets so he doesn't tip over. It would be nice if the pillow was a complete circle. Just Monday I put him in it and turned around to grab a blanket to buffer him and he tipped...into the coffee table. Mommy learned her lesson, although like J said he was a toughy. "Monica Bang!" (for you Friends fans) I put some ice on his head and he didn't get much of a bump, and only a little red mark for the rest of the day, so it wasn't too bad. But I felt so aweful!

But he's pretty quick to forgive, and like Jason recently read anyway, he's got the memory of about 24 hours and then it's gone.
So that's all for now. I'll try and update more - like I said, I've got more pics :).
Addendum:
Z fell asleep again so I thought I'd finish up! I just realized that our camera has the wrong date on it...it's 12 hours behind. So apparently all of the pictures we've taken might be a day after it says. Not so bad now, but when he was four days old...was he four days or five? Technology...
Most of these were taken February 22 (the real day).
He's so bendy! He can get so close to rolling over, but won't do it from his back to his belly. Yesterday he rolled from his belly to his back, of course while I was in the kitchen. Once I got out the camera, he just stared at me.
We like to lay on our backs and have him either play on his tummy or sit on us. That way we can snuggle and play and develop muscle strength.
These were both so cute I couldn't chose just one. He likes to talk with us, although mostly he just makes "th" noises with his tongue between his lips.
Watching tv in the chair...
We don't have a lot of pictures of me and Zach, so I decided I'd take some. I'm the one who's trigger happy with the camera. A few turned out really well.
He's so cute. He kept grabbing my hair and yanking on it, or just squealing.
How super cute? He was in my lap playing with his teether, and I think he was going for it. I kept taking pictures of him and got this one (February 23rd).
At this point he decided that he wanted the camera. He loves to play with anything we've got, and while touching is okay, putting electronics in the mouth is just a bad idea.
This was just on the 25th. While he doesn't understand the Wii, he does like it if you grab his hands and swoosh them around, making noises. I learned this when I was pretending he was in a fight like Lord of the Rings. He'll sit there and giggle.
Upside down! (He looks less chunky that way :))

Okay, now that's all. I don't have any more super cute pictures to post...yet :).
We made heaps of banana bread this week. We made one recipe, decided we didn't like it and so I made another recipe I had. It was great. Then we had to make another for our friends that come over on Tuesday to watch Idol and House. Warm bread with some Nutella...it's heaven. And I also made some monkey bread for my massage therapist yesterday. She really liked it. It's nice to finally be able to make stuff during the day! It's taken a while, but I really do like cooking and baking. You can take some flour, sugar, eggs and some other stuff and make tasty food - a nice sense of accomplishment.
So here's some recent pics. I still have lots more that I have to go through, but I figured I'd get a quick post up. Jason said I can't put any more on our hard drive until we clean it out and put stuff on disk...apparently lots of pictures bog down an old computer. Who knew?
This was on February 15th. It looks like he has a big head because of the stipe down his shoulders. Of course, kids just have big heads anyway :).

There's a mirror on his gym that makes tummy time a little more fun.

We like to set him on the couch so he can learn to sit up. He was sitting next to his daddy here. Jason must have said something funny (or that was supposed to be funny), because Zach has his eyebrows raised. We can't usually get that on camera because they are so light.

I let him pick between his toys now - I'll hold up two and see which one he wants. That way he can learn decision making skills (so what if he's only 5 months? :)) He really likes his little frog.

This one is so cute - he looks like he was having a talk with it or something. Yeah, and he spits everywhere. We always keep a rag handy, but if you don't clean him for a few minutes his shirt will be soaked.

Or he just wanted to eat it. He'll even do this with his feet. You can just see him slowly falling foward with his mouth open, going for his toys or his feet. Doesn't help that he can't sit up straight yet.

But he's super cute, so it doesn't matter.

I actually took lots of pictures with Z standing up on J, but they were a little blurry because he's pretty tipsy. But if we flip through them fast enough it looks like he's dancing. This one isn't quite as exciting, but it's clear :).

To wake the baby or to not wake the baby...Poor tyke fell asleep on the ride home from the chiropractor. For those of you who have seen French Kiss, you can just hear "My ass is twitching...you people make my ass twitch."

This was February 19th. We have to pad him really well with blankets so he doesn't tip over. It would be nice if the pillow was a complete circle. Just Monday I put him in it and turned around to grab a blanket to buffer him and he tipped...into the coffee table. Mommy learned her lesson, although like J said he was a toughy. "Monica Bang!" (for you Friends fans) I put some ice on his head and he didn't get much of a bump, and only a little red mark for the rest of the day, so it wasn't too bad. But I felt so aweful!

But he's pretty quick to forgive, and like Jason recently read anyway, he's got the memory of about 24 hours and then it's gone.
So that's all for now. I'll try and update more - like I said, I've got more pics :).Addendum:
Z fell asleep again so I thought I'd finish up! I just realized that our camera has the wrong date on it...it's 12 hours behind. So apparently all of the pictures we've taken might be a day after it says. Not so bad now, but when he was four days old...was he four days or five? Technology...
Most of these were taken February 22 (the real day).
He's so bendy! He can get so close to rolling over, but won't do it from his back to his belly. Yesterday he rolled from his belly to his back, of course while I was in the kitchen. Once I got out the camera, he just stared at me.

We like to lay on our backs and have him either play on his tummy or sit on us. That way we can snuggle and play and develop muscle strength.

These were both so cute I couldn't chose just one. He likes to talk with us, although mostly he just makes "th" noises with his tongue between his lips.

Watching tv in the chair...

We don't have a lot of pictures of me and Zach, so I decided I'd take some. I'm the one who's trigger happy with the camera. A few turned out really well.

He's so cute. He kept grabbing my hair and yanking on it, or just squealing.

How super cute? He was in my lap playing with his teether, and I think he was going for it. I kept taking pictures of him and got this one (February 23rd).

At this point he decided that he wanted the camera. He loves to play with anything we've got, and while touching is okay, putting electronics in the mouth is just a bad idea.

This was just on the 25th. While he doesn't understand the Wii, he does like it if you grab his hands and swoosh them around, making noises. I learned this when I was pretending he was in a fight like Lord of the Rings. He'll sit there and giggle.

Upside down! (He looks less chunky that way :))

Okay, now that's all. I don't have any more super cute pictures to post...yet :).

4 Comments:
Cuter and cuter! And if you have time for all that baking...you know why I have time for blogging. :-)
F-U-N-N-Y.. really entertaining :-)
Gary and I was hoping it was a joke on the "decision making" process --grin--
Now, can we see the pics hidden under the little black squares ;-)
Love you All,
Mom and Gary
ADDENDUM- The black squares are in your addendum and the pics are in your computer's cache memory.
--grin--
I can tell a student by the way they use "Addendum" and not P.S.
Oh, and about the movie, didn't see it but it sure made a roar of laughter in this home.
-- too funny--
Just keep on twitching LOL
Hi There,
Neat pictures. All of them came through except for the last one.
Zach sure loves to smile.
He makes us smile with him.
The pic of Z and Mom on the floor looking at each other is really cool.
Love to all of you,
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home