Recent Pics
I know it's been a while, but man is it hard adjusting to a new baby! Apparently having a baby means you forget how to download pictures from the camera, too! We've been doing pretty well, and are excited because in 9 (that's right, 9!) days we get to go to sunny California! In-N-Out Burger here we come!! There can't be a better way to spend Thanksgiving than with family in the promised land. I remember several Thanksgivings ago when it snowed here...boy that sucked. :)
Zach has been trying to smile for a while now - mainly when he's starting to fall asleep, but the last few weeks he's trying to do it while awake. He also for some reason thinks that to begin a smile he has to open his mouth really wide. Maybe I do that with him - who knows, but it's pretty cute. He had his one month check-up on Oct 30 and weighed 8 lbs 12 oz - so he's at least over 9 now. They measured him at 21.5 inches long. Apparently that's just a little small for his age, but within range. Poor kid doesn't have a chance coming from us. He's not sleeping real well during the day, but 3 of the last 4 nights he had 8 hour stretches. That's so nice when it happens.
Some of the pics are a little dark, but that's because he doesn't like the flash so much. He also doesn't like the red light that comes on to focus the camera, so if he's sleeping I try not to tick him off. The most recent one is the first one with him laughing - that's from last Saturday.



He sticks his tongue out...a lot.



He also likes to play with the bunnies on his bouncer - he's been doing that for a long time - I could just never get a picture to prove it. He seems to favor his left hand, and I thought it was because that bunny hangs lower. But if we switch them it seems that he still favors his left...oh well.


Whenever we give him a bath and use our hooded towels, it always reminds me of a Jedi cloak. I was trying to get a pic of him looking like Darth Zach.

But it's not too threatening when you're trying to be cute. :)

This was back when he had hair - he has a serious receding hair line, but he's finally starting to grow some peach fuzz.




Zach has been trying to smile for a while now - mainly when he's starting to fall asleep, but the last few weeks he's trying to do it while awake. He also for some reason thinks that to begin a smile he has to open his mouth really wide. Maybe I do that with him - who knows, but it's pretty cute. He had his one month check-up on Oct 30 and weighed 8 lbs 12 oz - so he's at least over 9 now. They measured him at 21.5 inches long. Apparently that's just a little small for his age, but within range. Poor kid doesn't have a chance coming from us. He's not sleeping real well during the day, but 3 of the last 4 nights he had 8 hour stretches. That's so nice when it happens.
Some of the pics are a little dark, but that's because he doesn't like the flash so much. He also doesn't like the red light that comes on to focus the camera, so if he's sleeping I try not to tick him off. The most recent one is the first one with him laughing - that's from last Saturday.



He sticks his tongue out...a lot.



He also likes to play with the bunnies on his bouncer - he's been doing that for a long time - I could just never get a picture to prove it. He seems to favor his left hand, and I thought it was because that bunny hangs lower. But if we switch them it seems that he still favors his left...oh well.


Whenever we give him a bath and use our hooded towels, it always reminds me of a Jedi cloak. I was trying to get a pic of him looking like Darth Zach.

But it's not too threatening when you're trying to be cute. :)

This was back when he had hair - he has a serious receding hair line, but he's finally starting to grow some peach fuzz.





4 Comments:
Hi Jas and Jodee,
Thank you for the new pics. Zach is growing like a weed. Don't worry about his size. He's perfect!!! Plus, his clothes will last longer too.
Jas, your Aunt Karen is left-handed and I think your cousin Kenny is too.
Thanks again for sharing.
Love Mom and Gary
Wow! I agree with Papa...his face is starting to look less really newbornish and more baby-like. And you're right...he's got no chance at height comin' from you two. :-P However, as far as his parents' personalities, he has GREAT potential to be a petite little fireball. Good luck!
Dude, I just noticed that in the color pic of Jason holding Zach...we have the same cell phones. :-P
High-Five for cell phone buddies!
Post a Comment
<< Home