Three Sheep Please!
So we're watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Anyone else disappointed in the movies? Our evening goes like this: Jo - "See, but in the book they didn't do that." "In the book they did this..." "They messed it all up, Neville didn't do that." "You couldn't tell that in the book." "They just put that in there, it really didn't happen." J - "Want some cookies?"
Okay, so not entirely like that, but pretty close. I don't know who's job it was to mess the movies up (screenwriter?), but I should have that job. You don't have to sacrifice the movie to be true to the books. They are pretty stinking good left alone. My little rant. I've decided that I can't expect #6 and 7 to be good movies. Probably won't even see them in the theater. Just read the books again (don't do THAT before seeing the movies).
We had a huge storm tonight. Actually had some hail to go with the lightning and thunder. Zach really enjoyed it, after I covered his ears so the sharp sounds weren't quite so loud. It was actually quite soothing to him. After a little while he was practically asleep. Then I had to feed him his dinner and he could barely keep his head up.
Last weekend we took a trip to St Louis. It turned out alright, but the ride to and fro wasn't very good for little Zachary. We had a pretty rough trip. Although we did discover the wonder of the Jamocha shake at Arby's and that Zach can suck through a straw. Yeah, you can put those two together, too :). We had some good eats while we were there and went to the Botanical Gardens. It was actually pretty cool, and if we had one near here we'd have a membership. Oddly enough, I think they have something similar in Redding...
Frequently Zach will cross his ankles and it's pretty cute.

Apparently I don't take pictures very well lately, but Zach is pretty cute.

Here's Zachary reading his books. He's just now learning to open the pages. Makes me a little wary with the 'real' books - not the board books. So I have to figure out something to do with his books so he can't hurt them.

Along the lines of Zachary liking to take things out/pull things off, he was in our bedroom with Jason and started pulling clothes out of our hamper.

Eva grabbed a pretty cool pic of the arch while we were driving by. I mentioned it would be cool to go up in it, but that I'd done the Washington Monument before, so it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. Eva said the view was actually pretty cool from up there. We immediately passed a super run down, what I can only call the structure of a building with graffiti all over it. I was like "Yeah, I could look at that." It was actually pretty funny.

Here's Mr. Z on the way to the Gardens. He's really getting quite agile at handling his cup.

"And here's a picture of how age kills us, slowly and cruelly." Jason's commentary. You figure out how.

Here's a random pond with random balls in it. They were pretty colorful, if nothing else.

This was the Climatron. It was super cool. It's supposed to simulate the rain forest. It just reminded me of Bio-Dome. We found all sorts of things in there, though, and were pretty entertained. Although it was more humid in there than outside - a tricky feat to manage, believe me.

I totally loved this flower! It was super cool. It's a Japanese Lantern. I don't think I've ever seen one before. Rippin' detailed (for you, Blair :)).

Here's J with Z in front of some random sculptures, which I'm pretty sure can't be found in any real rain forest. I could be wrong, though. Z was pretty feisty and needed to eat, so he was trying to escape.

This was a random tree in the Climatron, the screw-tape tree. Jason really liked it and took many pictures. I think this is the coolest one.

"Shut up, the camera adds 10 pounds." "So how many cameras are actually on you?" I promise you, I haven't added any weight lately, it's just a bad pic. You can tell I'm still working on fixing my posture and we'll be throwing that shirt out promptly. But the sheep were pretty cool. The tram was going by the same time we were there. I wasn't quite sure we were allowed to sit on them, but they seemed stable enough. As the tram went by the lady announced that they were put there as seats, so I felt better. I tried to put Zach on the little one, but even with a diaper I don't think it would have been very comfortable - the back was pretty pointy.

After the sheep we hit the cafe, which was of course overpriced. It's like in Zoo Tycoon, where you raise the price of a burger to 6 bucks just 'cause you know they'll pay it. But we didn't eat lunch, only ice cream. I love ice cream. I love it even more when it's low-fat. You really can't tell the difference, and you feel much better about eating it. I had a cookie ice-cream sandwich with the edges rolled in mini chocolate chips. It was tasty, and the perfect thing for the heat (and the humidity).
This is a random walkway. It was actually quite lovely.

This was just a random path. About the time the security dude drove around and asked us if we were doing okay in the heat. About 10 minutes before I started to get super hot. My only complaint with the Gardens was that there was pretty much no air-conditioning aside from the main building. So when I started to get overheated (and I'm not very friendly then) we were in the middle of nowhere. And this isn't a little picnic park - it's 79 acres. We managed to find a bathroom that was semi cool and I nursed Zach sitting on the floor. I can see Niles from Frasier freaking out. But sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. It's life, just comes right atchya.

That's our trip in a nutshell. For any of you that care, the quotes are as follows:
"It's LeviOsa, not LeviosA." Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's (or Philosopher's) Stone
"R2, you're playing the wrong message!!" Star Wars, ROTJ
"The word you're looking for is...anyway." Ross from Friends (although I know the scene, not the year)
"Don't do that, Son, don't romanticize them." You've Got Mail
"I've got a mole??" Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Although this I think I misquoted - I believe it's actually "I have a mole??"
"Stay on target, stay on target!" Star Wars, ANH. I believe it's Porkins, speaking to Luke about the Death Star
"He starts monologuing! He starts this like prepared speech about how feeble I am compared to him, how inevitable my defeat is, how the world will soon be his! Yada, yada, yada. Yammering!" The Incredibles
"You better call that dick General." Evolution
"I get it, you're wingmen, frat-bros." Rachel from Friends
"I've decided to go to the mattresses......do you know what it is to go to the mattresses?" "From the Godfather." You've Got Mail
And the popcorn I got for 20 cents, the notepads for 87. Props to David on a guess of 80.
Okay, so not entirely like that, but pretty close. I don't know who's job it was to mess the movies up (screenwriter?), but I should have that job. You don't have to sacrifice the movie to be true to the books. They are pretty stinking good left alone. My little rant. I've decided that I can't expect #6 and 7 to be good movies. Probably won't even see them in the theater. Just read the books again (don't do THAT before seeing the movies).
We had a huge storm tonight. Actually had some hail to go with the lightning and thunder. Zach really enjoyed it, after I covered his ears so the sharp sounds weren't quite so loud. It was actually quite soothing to him. After a little while he was practically asleep. Then I had to feed him his dinner and he could barely keep his head up.
Last weekend we took a trip to St Louis. It turned out alright, but the ride to and fro wasn't very good for little Zachary. We had a pretty rough trip. Although we did discover the wonder of the Jamocha shake at Arby's and that Zach can suck through a straw. Yeah, you can put those two together, too :). We had some good eats while we were there and went to the Botanical Gardens. It was actually pretty cool, and if we had one near here we'd have a membership. Oddly enough, I think they have something similar in Redding...
Frequently Zach will cross his ankles and it's pretty cute.

Apparently I don't take pictures very well lately, but Zach is pretty cute.

Here's Zachary reading his books. He's just now learning to open the pages. Makes me a little wary with the 'real' books - not the board books. So I have to figure out something to do with his books so he can't hurt them.

Along the lines of Zachary liking to take things out/pull things off, he was in our bedroom with Jason and started pulling clothes out of our hamper.

Eva grabbed a pretty cool pic of the arch while we were driving by. I mentioned it would be cool to go up in it, but that I'd done the Washington Monument before, so it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. Eva said the view was actually pretty cool from up there. We immediately passed a super run down, what I can only call the structure of a building with graffiti all over it. I was like "Yeah, I could look at that." It was actually pretty funny.

Here's Mr. Z on the way to the Gardens. He's really getting quite agile at handling his cup.

"And here's a picture of how age kills us, slowly and cruelly." Jason's commentary. You figure out how.

Here's a random pond with random balls in it. They were pretty colorful, if nothing else.

This was the Climatron. It was super cool. It's supposed to simulate the rain forest. It just reminded me of Bio-Dome. We found all sorts of things in there, though, and were pretty entertained. Although it was more humid in there than outside - a tricky feat to manage, believe me.

I totally loved this flower! It was super cool. It's a Japanese Lantern. I don't think I've ever seen one before. Rippin' detailed (for you, Blair :)).

Here's J with Z in front of some random sculptures, which I'm pretty sure can't be found in any real rain forest. I could be wrong, though. Z was pretty feisty and needed to eat, so he was trying to escape.

This was a random tree in the Climatron, the screw-tape tree. Jason really liked it and took many pictures. I think this is the coolest one.

"Shut up, the camera adds 10 pounds." "So how many cameras are actually on you?" I promise you, I haven't added any weight lately, it's just a bad pic. You can tell I'm still working on fixing my posture and we'll be throwing that shirt out promptly. But the sheep were pretty cool. The tram was going by the same time we were there. I wasn't quite sure we were allowed to sit on them, but they seemed stable enough. As the tram went by the lady announced that they were put there as seats, so I felt better. I tried to put Zach on the little one, but even with a diaper I don't think it would have been very comfortable - the back was pretty pointy.

After the sheep we hit the cafe, which was of course overpriced. It's like in Zoo Tycoon, where you raise the price of a burger to 6 bucks just 'cause you know they'll pay it. But we didn't eat lunch, only ice cream. I love ice cream. I love it even more when it's low-fat. You really can't tell the difference, and you feel much better about eating it. I had a cookie ice-cream sandwich with the edges rolled in mini chocolate chips. It was tasty, and the perfect thing for the heat (and the humidity).
This is a random walkway. It was actually quite lovely.

This was just a random path. About the time the security dude drove around and asked us if we were doing okay in the heat. About 10 minutes before I started to get super hot. My only complaint with the Gardens was that there was pretty much no air-conditioning aside from the main building. So when I started to get overheated (and I'm not very friendly then) we were in the middle of nowhere. And this isn't a little picnic park - it's 79 acres. We managed to find a bathroom that was semi cool and I nursed Zach sitting on the floor. I can see Niles from Frasier freaking out. But sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. It's life, just comes right atchya.

That's our trip in a nutshell. For any of you that care, the quotes are as follows:
"It's LeviOsa, not LeviosA." Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's (or Philosopher's) Stone
"R2, you're playing the wrong message!!" Star Wars, ROTJ
"The word you're looking for is...anyway." Ross from Friends (although I know the scene, not the year)
"Don't do that, Son, don't romanticize them." You've Got Mail
"I've got a mole??" Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Although this I think I misquoted - I believe it's actually "I have a mole??"
"Stay on target, stay on target!" Star Wars, ANH. I believe it's Porkins, speaking to Luke about the Death Star
"He starts monologuing! He starts this like prepared speech about how feeble I am compared to him, how inevitable my defeat is, how the world will soon be his! Yada, yada, yada. Yammering!" The Incredibles
"You better call that dick General." Evolution
"I get it, you're wingmen, frat-bros." Rachel from Friends
"I've decided to go to the mattresses......do you know what it is to go to the mattresses?" "From the Godfather." You've Got Mail
And the popcorn I got for 20 cents, the notepads for 87. Props to David on a guess of 80.

4 Comments:
I personally, love the picture of you and Zach on the sheep...his face is too cute in it. And, I feel honored to have made the post. I was actually just thinking of updating myself. :)
i knew there were quotes from Friends!! just didn't know which ones.
you know what you can do with your three sheep...
screw you over? really, it makes the game a lot more fun. for me, anyway :)
Post a Comment
<< Home