"I dink I'm thick"
It feels like I've done a whole lot in the last week. Mostly with food, ironically. I cleaned and/or cooked several pounds of chicken, beef and steak and put it in the freezer. I got several of Z's foods ready including more broccoli, eggplant and plums. And I made a whole slew of sweet things. To top it all off, Jason was gone in Cincinnati on Thursday and Friday, so it was just Z and I for a while.
Zachary got sick this week. Pretty sure from those snotty-nosed kids at church. Carrier monkeys! Oh well. So then Jason got a sore throat, then I noticed a little tickle...needless to say, we were all pretty trashed. I think we're getting better, though, and yesterday Z didn't have a fever, which was nice. For several days he was between 100 and 101. Poor little tyke. And his little baby nose was all runny :(. But hopefully we're all done...we're out of baby tylenol.
This is Z "helping" in the kitchen. He often needs something to occupy him, so I put things he can play with in the pantry. As he's gotten older I've had to move some things farther back. He just loves to pull things out.

One day we didn't have any clean bibs that we normally use, so I had to pull out a random one. It had trucks on it and was pretty distracting - ours are just plain. I think I'll always go with plain in the future. I don't know if he really understands, but he'll pull on his bib (not like the picture, just with a hand) and say the b sound. At first I thought he was trying to say bib and communicate with me, but then other times he's just grabbed his shirt and done it...although it was when I was fixing dinner for him. So we'll see. A lot of the words we use start with the b sound. And it's one of the few ones that he can do really well. But when he does it with his bib and I tell him "that's right, it's your bib" he gets this huge smile on his face, like we've just had the best conversation. So the parent part of me that is determined to prove my son is a genius wants to think he really knows what he's doing.

He didn't actually get the bib off - I helped him. And then he promptly put it in his mouth.

Z still likes to play in his room. I check on him every few minutes to make sure he's not chewing on cords. On this occasion I peeked in and saw him looking out the window. Well, that's what I thought he was doing. He might have been looking at stuff, but his primary purpose, I now know, was to chew on the window sill. :) A few days ago I had a great idea and figured I'd combine two things he liked to do - looking out the window and pulling things down. So I put several of his blocks on the sill and let him give 'em what for.

I'm not sure if I've posted a pic of Z doing this with his sorter before, but it's pretty cute. He loves the noise it makes when he talks into it. And his latest trick is leaving one of the pieces in it, doing this, then tipping his head back so the piece bonks him on the nose. It must not hurt too badly - he gets a kick out of it and keeps doing it.

One more thing we can't leave on the floor...this is why when the baby is quiet for too long you must check to see what they are into. Of course, when I put them all back in, Jason said it was easier to get them out than when they're all organized :).

When we went to Redding last year at about 5 months pregnant we got a little stuffed turtle from the Turtle Exploration Bay (it's at his feet). Because of that we've taken to turtles being his "theme." When we went to the Gardens in St. Louis I found this turtle and wanted it, so I bought it :). It's cute. This is Z giving it "kisses."

And this is Z attacking it...

I'll leave you with this little beauty...Z makes crazy faces and as of late likes to sniff really loudly. He was, of course, crawling onto me to grab the camera.
Zachary got sick this week. Pretty sure from those snotty-nosed kids at church. Carrier monkeys! Oh well. So then Jason got a sore throat, then I noticed a little tickle...needless to say, we were all pretty trashed. I think we're getting better, though, and yesterday Z didn't have a fever, which was nice. For several days he was between 100 and 101. Poor little tyke. And his little baby nose was all runny :(. But hopefully we're all done...we're out of baby tylenol.
This is Z "helping" in the kitchen. He often needs something to occupy him, so I put things he can play with in the pantry. As he's gotten older I've had to move some things farther back. He just loves to pull things out.

One day we didn't have any clean bibs that we normally use, so I had to pull out a random one. It had trucks on it and was pretty distracting - ours are just plain. I think I'll always go with plain in the future. I don't know if he really understands, but he'll pull on his bib (not like the picture, just with a hand) and say the b sound. At first I thought he was trying to say bib and communicate with me, but then other times he's just grabbed his shirt and done it...although it was when I was fixing dinner for him. So we'll see. A lot of the words we use start with the b sound. And it's one of the few ones that he can do really well. But when he does it with his bib and I tell him "that's right, it's your bib" he gets this huge smile on his face, like we've just had the best conversation. So the parent part of me that is determined to prove my son is a genius wants to think he really knows what he's doing.

He didn't actually get the bib off - I helped him. And then he promptly put it in his mouth.

Z still likes to play in his room. I check on him every few minutes to make sure he's not chewing on cords. On this occasion I peeked in and saw him looking out the window. Well, that's what I thought he was doing. He might have been looking at stuff, but his primary purpose, I now know, was to chew on the window sill. :) A few days ago I had a great idea and figured I'd combine two things he liked to do - looking out the window and pulling things down. So I put several of his blocks on the sill and let him give 'em what for.

I'm not sure if I've posted a pic of Z doing this with his sorter before, but it's pretty cute. He loves the noise it makes when he talks into it. And his latest trick is leaving one of the pieces in it, doing this, then tipping his head back so the piece bonks him on the nose. It must not hurt too badly - he gets a kick out of it and keeps doing it.

One more thing we can't leave on the floor...this is why when the baby is quiet for too long you must check to see what they are into. Of course, when I put them all back in, Jason said it was easier to get them out than when they're all organized :).

When we went to Redding last year at about 5 months pregnant we got a little stuffed turtle from the Turtle Exploration Bay (it's at his feet). Because of that we've taken to turtles being his "theme." When we went to the Gardens in St. Louis I found this turtle and wanted it, so I bought it :). It's cute. This is Z giving it "kisses."

And this is Z attacking it...

I'll leave you with this little beauty...Z makes crazy faces and as of late likes to sniff really loudly. He was, of course, crawling onto me to grab the camera.

1 Comments:
Glad you're all on the mend! And I say that if Zach smiles hugely at you when you tell him it's his bib...it's a pretty safe bet that he is indeed communicating bib to you whether he says the word or not. There are many things Judah squeals over when we clarify, so he definitely understands us. Now that Zach is getting older, he's going to EXPLODE intellectually. It's so much fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home