Friday, March 23, 2007

Camera phone pics

So we have cameras on our phones and have taken some pretty fun photos. Not too long ago I discovered that we could email them to us. I had a few scares with my phone and was worried that they would be lost, so I copied all the good ones onto the comp. Here they are!

This was when Zach was just over a week old, sleeping on me. I have this as one of my backgrounds on my phone.

This was the very next day - I can't believe how wrinkly he is!! It's amazing to look at how much he has changed. Some of the facial features are obviously the same, but man he is so much cuter now than he was then! This is what he'll look like in 80 years :).

This was on the airplane to fly to California for Thanksgiving. Much less wrinkly.

This was the first day of this year. I'm not sure what was happening, but he was sure upset about something. I think we were driving to the chiropractor's office. He was actually just hanging out like this - it wasn't just when I took the picture. Quite frequently we have to amuse Zach on the ride home from the doctor by counting or singing. He really likes us to count with our fingers. We do it in spanish, too.

I love this picture! This was on January 6th. I had this as my background on the large screen for a long time.

Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that if Zach does fall asleep with a toy, take it from him! I think this was on the way home from his 4 month checkup. I let him sleep in the car seat and just sat him down when we got home. I was in on the computer when I hear "Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!" The phone has four sounds, and that is the most annoying one - we don't ever push button number 3! Needless to say, he had moved and somehow managed to push it, and woke up crying.

This was near the end of January. If there's ever a look of shock, this is it. It makes me laugh whenever I look at it.

Pretty blue eyes! This was early February. He loves that frog toy.

This was mid Feb. He really likes this book a lot, and it makes noise too. I think he was just sitting there with it in his mouth.

He really loves my phone. Whenever I call someone or text Jason Zach always wants to be involved. Sometimes, especially in the car if he's fussy, we'll take pictures just to amuse him. Of course all he wants to do is put it in his mouth. I've told him many times that we can touch things, but electronics don't go in the mouth.

Here's Z playing with Daddy.

He grabs his hat and it's so cute! It's not like he has any idea he can adjust it by grabbing it, but I don't think that's far off.

Red Robin will give you a free burger for your birthday if you are a member (it's free!), so we went there last Sunday. I had some smoothie left over so I let Z play with the cup and straw. He really just likes to do whatever we are doing. We were holding him while we were eating and he kept trying to grab the crinkly paper. We actually asked our waiter to bring one just for Z. A couple of times he got a hand on a fry. He doesn't know how to use a straw yet (although he does try and can get water a little ways up), but he sure liked chewing on it and scratching the cup.

This is like a perfect picture for advertising for Red Robin. Jason and I have both thought we should get Zach into modeling for baby clothes and stuff - he's so cute and we could make some cash :).

And here's Z stretching. He still doesn't like the carseat much, and will wiggle and arch his back. And no matter what I do, he always scratches his face. It doesn't matter if his nails are long or short, he finds a way.

On a different note, yesterday Jason realized that Z is getting a second tooth on the bottom. Two teeth coming in and he really hasn't been super fussy. We're really lucky!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Ok, remind me how many months he is? Are you still nursing at all? Enjoy that toothless grin -- but I promise you'll think it looks weird after he's had teeth for a while. :-) He could be a baby model, especially with his distinctly cute chin!

March 23, 2007 2:44 PM  
Blogger Jason and Jodee said...

He's six months now. Yeah, we are still nursing pretty much entirely - at his 4 mo appointment, the doc never really told me how much and what and when to feed him solids. I've also heard that 6 months is best for breastfeeding before starting solids. So that's what we're doing - he gets his afternoon snack of rice cereal and milk, but that's the only deviation right now. I don't know what to give him! We'll go the doc again this week and I'll be a little more aggressive about specifics. And everyone loves his chin - I'm not sure he will when he starts shaving! :)

March 24, 2007 6:25 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

Wow, two teeth already.

The first pic of Zach a week old sleeping on mom is a real treasure.

My desktop pic of the week is Zach sleeping in the car seat with a tight grip on his toy.

As long as you enjoy it, the breastfeeding is fantastic. Zach seems to be doing great. Just remember that when you switch from breast to solids, diaper changing will increase the gag-reflex process in either one or both parents ~ chuckle ~

Thanks a million for sharing. I never get bored with the commentary and it makes us feel closer to all of you.

Love,
Mom and Gary

March 25, 2007 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home