Thursday, March 08, 2007

Who Needs Fancy Photographers?

When the photographers came to do our church directory, they asked us if we had any pictures of Zach. Jason replied that we had heaps. "But professional photographs?" she asked. Who needs them? I take so many, and we get some really good ones. Our couch is so dark that it works out great for some neat poses.

Zach is trying to sit up, although he's pretty tipsy. I don't know when kids normally do that, but apparently younger than Zach. Last week after I picked him up from the nursery (day care) at church, the lady said she tried to sit him up and he fell over and let her know he didn't like it. Which is a nice way of saying "hey, I sat your kid up and let go and he fell on his face and cried." I was a little urked - he's only five months (they know that) and regardless of age you should keep a loose grip on a kid to see what they can do before you let them fall on their face. Granted, I let Zach bonk his head, but I learned my lesson. And I know he's a toughy and little bonks won't damage the kid. But still. This lady was older, worked in the day care, and I'm sure has kids of her own. Common sense anyone?

Zach hasn't been going down for naps very well lately. I think the problem is that he's now able to go longer between naps and I'm trying to put him down too early. Today he woke up before Jason left (about 6:45), went to sleep at 9, work up at 10:30, then asleep again at 12:50. Before now he's had to go back to bed less than 2 hours after he woke up - that was all he could do. His last nap he fell asleep within 5 minutes of me walking away. Pretty good. The last few days we've had some naps of over an hour of trying to fall asleep, and some we've just had to abort.

I've been putting him to sleep more consistently in his crib, versus our bedroom. He squirms around quite a bit, and will soon be able to roll over on a regular basis. He doesn't seem to mind the crib at all (he usually finds more things to play with), and it lets me get on the computer and post. I'm doing pretty well lately at posting regularly!

Grandpa Bob and Grandma Eva are coming out in April, their first time to see Zach. And the biggest fireworks show in North America, Thunder Over Louisville. We're excited and it should be lots of fun. Zach is at such a cute stage - hopefully he'll be as cute then, too. It really is such a shame that we live so far away from family. Plans change, sometimes without your consent, I guess. Even if we lived in Redding we wouldn't be super close, but at least closer and in the same time zone. Different time zones make traveling hard.

Still seeing the chiropractor and the massage therapists. The doc did something weird last time I was in and hurt my muscles in my neck. Everybody agrees that my body is just very unique, and responding to treatment is no exception. It sucks. I took some muscle relaxer, and that just doped me up. Ibuprofen doesn't do a whole lot, but it takes the edge off. Jason is getting much better and hasn't had to take his muscle relaxers for a while.

Other than that, don't think there's much of anything else to report. Still playing Zelda (thank goodness for walkthroughs). I do best when there's no pressure to succeed - I like to walk around and explore, find bugs and stuff, make money. We usually play on the weekends.

So here's some pics of little baby Zachary...(all from this past week)

As Jason said, in this one he looks pretty mischievous. He had been biting (or chewing) on his lower lip, and I don't know if that was because of or making his lips chapped. Thankfully he's stopped.

This one is in color with an actual smile. I 've always loved the layered look, and it works well on Zach because you have to have a onesie on - plain old shirts will just ride up. But he's got some cute ones, so this is the only way he can wear them.
Whoever invented the keys was a genius - a must have item with any kid.
He was super excited about something...it usually doesn't take much. It's super cute though. He'll get all excited when Jason comes home and shove his hand in his mouth. Then with some good old tossing, hanging upside down, and raspberries, Jason can get some good laughing out of him.

I've been trying to teach him how to curl his tongue, and I knew he could do it. He still won't do it on command, though, but I happened to catch him with the camera. He gets excited and makes the "th" noises. And again, proof that he does have eyebrows :).

He's all smiling. He's usually a pretty happy baby.

And man is he flexible! My massage therapist told me to try to keep him limber as he gets older - we can barely touch our toes! This picture just looks weird because of his sleeper being all stretched out.

Oh, and he can do it with the other leg too. He's pretty twisty.

Zach likes to taste things (so much so that I can't give him stuff right before he eats - he'll get grouchy when you take it away). I ate some apple today and let him try it. While he's probably not "teething," he seems to like the cold. He chewed on that thing for quite a while. When I had dried some apples a while back he didn't like the flavor, but he doesn't seem to mind the fresh one.

All right folks, that's all (I think I hear Zach anyway). Have a good day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

A good, growin' boy! That's what we like to see. :-) I like the layered look, too. He does pull it off well.

And I haven't posted in a while because my parents/lil' sis are in town for Judah's 1st birthday...TOMORROW. SO hard to believe, eh? 1 year ago tomorrow I had 14 hours of labor and a c-section. And now I'm into my fifth month of second pregnancy. Life's weird but adventurous!

March 09, 2007 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home