Z b-day 09-28
We didn't have a big party for Z's birthday, but we did do the formal present/cake/singing thing. Here's a pic of him opening a present. It took him a few tries to understand he could rip the paper :).

We had wanted to get him a bath toy, because who doesn't love those. Z just loves to takes baths - he'll stay there forever. I just love the expression on his face - like he's totally bored! Posing for pictures with presents is just no fun.

Playing with them, however, is another thing :).

Z with his cake. As opposed to a traditional sugary cake, I made an angel food cake. We had actually made one earlier in the week to see if I could tweak the recipe and cut back some of the sugar. I also made a caramel/banana sauce to go over it - it was so tasty! I had tried a mango/strawberry sauce, but we liked the banana better. We also dropped some food coloring in the pan as we were pouring in the cake to give it some fun color.

And two balloon candles - he picked out the colors :).

He was so bummed out when we started singing! He actually started crying. But he did figure out how to blow the candles out.

Everybody loves cake...

Him showing how old he was.

Sidewalk chalk! He actually got double covered so we'll have lots for quite a while, but he liked scribbling on the pavement.

We actually all started drawing. The things we do when we are kids, but stop when we become serious adults.

Because we love zoo animals, I started drawing some. Zach named this one Bo after the giraffe at the Louisville Zoo. We started talked about the time we got to pet him, so Z started petting my drawing :).

Dirty hands!

Zach hanging out with his cousin Hunter at Grammie Jeanie's house. They really do dig each other. We had a little party for Z at her house.


More cake. Though he didn't cry this time :).


Hanging out at the kids' table.

We had wanted to get him a bath toy, because who doesn't love those. Z just loves to takes baths - he'll stay there forever. I just love the expression on his face - like he's totally bored! Posing for pictures with presents is just no fun.

Playing with them, however, is another thing :).

Z with his cake. As opposed to a traditional sugary cake, I made an angel food cake. We had actually made one earlier in the week to see if I could tweak the recipe and cut back some of the sugar. I also made a caramel/banana sauce to go over it - it was so tasty! I had tried a mango/strawberry sauce, but we liked the banana better. We also dropped some food coloring in the pan as we were pouring in the cake to give it some fun color.

And two balloon candles - he picked out the colors :).

He was so bummed out when we started singing! He actually started crying. But he did figure out how to blow the candles out.

Everybody loves cake...

Him showing how old he was.

Sidewalk chalk! He actually got double covered so we'll have lots for quite a while, but he liked scribbling on the pavement.

We actually all started drawing. The things we do when we are kids, but stop when we become serious adults.

Because we love zoo animals, I started drawing some. Zach named this one Bo after the giraffe at the Louisville Zoo. We started talked about the time we got to pet him, so Z started petting my drawing :).

Dirty hands!

Zach hanging out with his cousin Hunter at Grammie Jeanie's house. They really do dig each other. We had a little party for Z at her house.


More cake. Though he didn't cry this time :).
Hanging out at the kids' table.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home