Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Z in a Pool!

That's right, Z got his first dunk in the pool. We've played a lot with water during bath time, but this was the first time he couldn't touch anything. The pool wasn't very warm as it had just opened, so I don't think it was super enjoyable. At the beginning he seemed a little stressed out. For a while I had to hold him close to me - if I just held him around his chest and let his feet dangle he would start getting a little concerned. Like I said, it was not very warm - Jason wouldn't even get in all the way.

We brought some toys to play with. I think that really helped him out, having familiar things in an unfamiliar environment. By the end of it he was making noises and talking. We went in again on Sunday (still cold) and he seemed to adjust a littler quicker.

He does not, however, understand that he can't breath underwater. Sometimes he'll look down to chew on his ducky and get a little mouthful of water. It's kind of cute :).

Big day for me, too. First time in a long time that I haven't worn shorts to go swimming. It's a pretty big deal. Women, especially young women, are told through heaps of advertising that they are to look a certain way, and if they don't they are ugly. But you don't have to look like a Victoria's Secret model to wear a bathing suit. Even a two piece. It's a big step to grow up enough to be okay with your body. Only a very small fraction of women look super amazing in a bikini, so why should I compare myself to them? I think I look pretty good, especially after having a baby. And the most important thing is that Jason thinks so, too.

Here's Z chewing on his foot. It's crazy that he can do that still. It's crazy too that it doesn't hurt - he'll chew on my finger every now and then and it hurts! His little teeth are pretty sharp!

And Z has started crawling! It's pretty minimal, but he's doing it. He knows he needs to move his knees. He hopped a few days ago, but now he's doing more of a rhythmic motion with his knees. He can actually get somewhere. And yesterday he was squirming on the floor and he got one leg stuck in front of him. For a while I was wondering if he would be able to get the other foot in front of him to sit up, and sure enough, when I looked away and turned the camera off, he did! Jason picked him up before he realized that Z had gotten there by himself. So it was a big day - started crawling a bit and got to a sitting position from his belly!

If Jason ever gets in the pool, we'll post some pics of him with Zach. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Ha ha! I was JUST thinking how brave you were to be wearin' a bikini after having a baby less than a year ago. :-P But then, you've always had a trim figure. I was thinking about bathing suits the other day, telling myself I'll probably never wear something that doesn't cover my belly now that I the stretch marks and baggy skin twice over (well, when all is said and done in July it'll be twice over). You look hot though! When we first took Judah to the pool it was on the cool side...and Matt didn't get all the way in. :-P Silly men.

May 31, 2007 8:18 AM  
Blogger Jason and Jodee said...

Thanks Dawn :) Yeah, my bathing suit options might change if and when we have another kid - having children really does emphasize the fact that external beauty is fleeting!

May 31, 2007 10:40 AM  
Blogger Jason and Jodee said...

Hopefully, never :)

June 11, 2007 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home