Monday, June 11, 2007

Hold on to Your Butts...

Z is crawling now! He can scoot with the best of them. Within a week he just took off crawling, sitting himself up and pulling himself up to a standing position. He needs a little bit of help with the standing and is very tipsy, but he just loves to do that now. He'll actually get upset if that's what he wants to do and can't. He'll also come find me if I'm in the kitchen and he's in the living room. It's super cute. Although he tends to cut corners a little close and sometimes bonks his head.

Since Z is crawling all over, if I want to do something that requires a lot of attention (cook or clean the kitchen), I stick him in his entertainer. He loves to bounce. Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce. All the time. Even when he's not in his entertainer. Anyway, on two of the three posts (don't ask my why not on the third) there are little animals hanging down. Until recently, he hasn't been able to grab onto them, but he did the other day. And didn't let go :). It's good to know that they can be tugged out without being damaged. It was pretty cute.


After a bath last week I left Z in his crib to go change my shirt. Note to self: never leave baby with just a diaper (you think I would have learned from Dawn's poo story). In those few minutes he managed to sit up and undo part of his diaper. Luckily he was clean and it was dry. It made for some cute pictures though (although dark).

In this one it looks like he's playing air guitar. He gets all excited when I get the camera out and won't stay still.

In this pic he's just relaxing with Jason watching tv. He loves my Nalgien bottle. He's actually pretty strong; if it's more than half full he can still hold on to it for awhile while I carry him around.

Z loves to watch the trees blow in the wind. I'm not so sure, however, that he likes rain. It doesn't seem to bother him, though.

We were cleaning one day and had Z on the bed. After a while he got a little stressed out being wrapped up in the sheets, but for a while he kind of liked it.

Zach is doing very well eating solid foods. We still only do lunch - I've tried more than that and he got a little messed up. He's liked almost everything I've given him, except avocados. He can handle butternut squash if mixed with another veggie, but not by itself. I think there might be a potential allergy to kiwi; it seemed like he had trouble swallowing after eating it and didn't eat his solids very well those days. I'm running out of freezer space from making all his baby food!

This is Zach on naps...

And this is Zach not on naps :(. The last few days have been fine, but the several before that were pretty awful. He had a hard time falling asleep for his naps and bedtimes, and a few of them I had to hold him until he feel asleep. One day he just wouldn't fall asleep for his afternoon nap, and after some solid crying I decided to abort. I told him that I had to clean so I put him in his entertainer. After a while he stopped bouncing and looked so pitiful. His eyes were so heavy, and I was just going to put him down to sleep. But in the course of getting him out and up he was too awake and I didn't want to make him cry again. So he went down for an earlier bedtime.

But luckily those few days are over and he's doing much better now. Man can he scoot! He loves to stand up. Only sometimes can he do it by himself. He tipped shortly after this (I broke his fall with my foot). I also tried to explain that only clothes go in the dryer - not toys or people or anything else. I'm not so sure he understood. :)
And of course in the course of working on this post we are back to rough nap times...even Jason thinks that Z must be teething. He get so fussy sometimes and is always chewing on his fingers. Poor little guy.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jason and Jodee said...

What is also interesting is when you set him down after carrying him around for a while he'll start to fuss. Then the little light goes on above his head and he goes, "Wait a minute, I can move!" And he gets excited and heads for the nearest cool thing to play with - usually something electronic =)

June 11, 2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Dudes...your boy keeps getting cuter and cuter. I can't count how many times I said "awww!" at these pics! And lucky you with the clean diaper incident.... ;-)

June 12, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger Jason and Jodee said...

Aww, thanks Dawn :). Yeah, I can't believe I did that with the diaper after your story. I didn't know he could get it undone!

June 12, 2007 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, what's up?! That's one cute little kid you got there. I'm happy to see he inherited his father's chin.

June 13, 2007 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home