Sleeping Through the Night!
Well, mostly. He's really been trying for us. For about the past two weeks he's slept till about 6 or 7 most nights. When he goes till 6 he usually goes back to sleep for a while. It's so nice! I wish I could sleep as much as he can...
So I finally got my MRI...a couple bulging discs, so the chiropractor said he's through with me so as not to do more damage. In today's society with lots of insurance plans you don't need a primary care doctor, but I tell you what, get one before you're in a car crash. Can't see a specialist without a referral, can't see a primary with auto insurance as a new patient. Catch 22 anyone? But I finally realized that my chiropractor can refer me for an MRI, and didn't leave him alone until he did. I actually was able to find a specialist that will take me, so I go in two weeks. We'll see what they say.
And to top it all off, I have some abrasions on my eye :( Contacts are SO much better than glasses, but the doc said I have to give my eyes a break for several days. Blah blah blah.
Holy cow it got hot here. It's almost 90 and they say it's "dry." And by dry they mean like 40% humidity. I guess for here. But yuck, the stickiness will soon be upon us. The pool will be open tomorrow, though, and both Jason and I are really excited to get Zach in there. He usually loves playing in the bathtub.
This pic I took with the camera phone at the end of March. He's just such a cute kid.

And I forgot to post this one last time from mid-April. Jason has this as his background for his work laptop, and whenever Zach sees it he starts smiling and laughing. I'm not sure if he just thinks it's a baby or knows it's him, but he loves looking at pictures of himself. We love to take pics with business names in them (like the red robin picture), like he's promoting them or doing an ad. It's kind of fun. We've briefly looked at trying to get him involved in modeling, but it seems pretty complicated.

I had to take this with my cell phone as Jason had the camera...he's an Egyptian!
Zach hasn't yet figured out how to crawl, although today he make both of his knees go forward - it was kind of a hop motion, but it was cute. But he usually just plays with things on the floor. It really makes you realize how dirty your floor is when he finds anything and everything!

He is so bendy! It's crazy. You can actually see his other foot under the boppy. Sometimes I try to stretch his legs, but it's hard because while I know he'd start crying if it actually hurt, he can't tell me when it starts to get painful. So I'm usually just really gentle. I don't think he likes the boppy so much, though...he tries to wiggle out of it and succeeds really fast.

He loves to be tickled, though! Jason just rubs his nose all over his belly and he thinks it's the greatest thing. He also likes to be held upside-down. And while I don't play peekaboo with him, I will hide and say "where's Zachary??" and then appear and say "there he is!!" Pretty much the same thing, but if other people try the peekaboo thing, he doesn't care. But with my game, wow - he just thinks it's awesome. Yesterday he was sitting on the couch with J and I kept doing it. He didn't even have to see me, he would just start laughing and wiggling everywhere. Jason said that when I stopped he kept glancing over to see if I would start up again. Seriously, this lasted for like a half hour. I think it's his favorite game.

He's always so happy! When he wakes up he'll just lay there and talk, or play with his bumper. We have figured out that if he starts crying he wasn't done sleeping. Even in the morning when he hasn't eaten for like 12 hours. He usually doesn't cry unless he wasn't finished sleeping.

He's getting very good at manipulating things (not just us :)). He'll usually hold something that's new and turn it over and over in his hands. Then he'll put it in his mouth for a second, pull it out and turn it over and over. He'll do this pretty meticulously, examining it. Anyway, when he goes to sleep we'll give him his blanket and he'll grab it and put it over his head for a few seconds, then usually roll over and snuggle with it. Almost every nap I have to go in there and pull it away from his face - he'll have it bunched up next to his nose.

In this one he's just cute.

Sometimes he'll be on his belly when I go in to get him from his naps, playing. One day he was just peeking out through the rails. He always gets so excited when I walk in to get him, he'll start kicking everywhere. I think he likes to kick in his crib because it has more bounce than other surfaces.

For you Penn State fans. He sleeps in heavier gear as he will usually get cold, and one night all I could find was two socks that didn't match. It just worked out perfect that all of his clothes matched.

This one just makes you smile.

I came in one day to get him from his nap -he moved before I could take the picture, but his arm was sticking out through the rail, too. He likes to pull his socks off - the blue one is on, but not the gray one :). He wasn't crying though, just playing. On another note, I hate our bumper. I think they made the ties short because kids can strangle themselves or whatever, but it doesn't fit our crib well at all. And they are so short that they don't wrap around the corner posts well at all.

I had to break down and buy him one of those toys with the stackable rings. He's really good at taking them off...not so good at putting them on. One time he grabbed the third one and the top two fell all over his face (he was reclined in his bouncer). He didn't mind though. He's pretty easy going.

I know this one is about the same, but black and white looks so sharp, I think.

We'll sit him up against the couch with a pillow behind him just in case he falls backwards. Today he grabbed a toy, joyfully shoved it to his mouth, and arched his back so he went right back onto the pillow. It was super cute, and lucky for him that we still keep the pillow there.

He just loves to play and laugh :).

Like father, like son...Jason was playing Duck Hunt. Gotta start him young!

Zach in a box! Seriously, the most ordinary things hold hours of play time and amusement. And the cardboard holds up better than paper when he chews on it!

I love his face! I bought these balls because we didn't have any to roll around. They are actually for the pool and hold water so you can throw them at people. But apparently they don't hold up well in the washing machine - they kind of lost their shape.

Well that's all folks. I tried not to make it as long as the last one to avoid any more fines (thanks, Sean). :)
So I finally got my MRI...a couple bulging discs, so the chiropractor said he's through with me so as not to do more damage. In today's society with lots of insurance plans you don't need a primary care doctor, but I tell you what, get one before you're in a car crash. Can't see a specialist without a referral, can't see a primary with auto insurance as a new patient. Catch 22 anyone? But I finally realized that my chiropractor can refer me for an MRI, and didn't leave him alone until he did. I actually was able to find a specialist that will take me, so I go in two weeks. We'll see what they say.
And to top it all off, I have some abrasions on my eye :( Contacts are SO much better than glasses, but the doc said I have to give my eyes a break for several days. Blah blah blah.
Holy cow it got hot here. It's almost 90 and they say it's "dry." And by dry they mean like 40% humidity. I guess for here. But yuck, the stickiness will soon be upon us. The pool will be open tomorrow, though, and both Jason and I are really excited to get Zach in there. He usually loves playing in the bathtub.
This pic I took with the camera phone at the end of March. He's just such a cute kid.
And I forgot to post this one last time from mid-April. Jason has this as his background for his work laptop, and whenever Zach sees it he starts smiling and laughing. I'm not sure if he just thinks it's a baby or knows it's him, but he loves looking at pictures of himself. We love to take pics with business names in them (like the red robin picture), like he's promoting them or doing an ad. It's kind of fun. We've briefly looked at trying to get him involved in modeling, but it seems pretty complicated.

I had to take this with my cell phone as Jason had the camera...he's an Egyptian!
Zach hasn't yet figured out how to crawl, although today he make both of his knees go forward - it was kind of a hop motion, but it was cute. But he usually just plays with things on the floor. It really makes you realize how dirty your floor is when he finds anything and everything!

He is so bendy! It's crazy. You can actually see his other foot under the boppy. Sometimes I try to stretch his legs, but it's hard because while I know he'd start crying if it actually hurt, he can't tell me when it starts to get painful. So I'm usually just really gentle. I don't think he likes the boppy so much, though...he tries to wiggle out of it and succeeds really fast.

He loves to be tickled, though! Jason just rubs his nose all over his belly and he thinks it's the greatest thing. He also likes to be held upside-down. And while I don't play peekaboo with him, I will hide and say "where's Zachary??" and then appear and say "there he is!!" Pretty much the same thing, but if other people try the peekaboo thing, he doesn't care. But with my game, wow - he just thinks it's awesome. Yesterday he was sitting on the couch with J and I kept doing it. He didn't even have to see me, he would just start laughing and wiggling everywhere. Jason said that when I stopped he kept glancing over to see if I would start up again. Seriously, this lasted for like a half hour. I think it's his favorite game.

He's always so happy! When he wakes up he'll just lay there and talk, or play with his bumper. We have figured out that if he starts crying he wasn't done sleeping. Even in the morning when he hasn't eaten for like 12 hours. He usually doesn't cry unless he wasn't finished sleeping.

He's getting very good at manipulating things (not just us :)). He'll usually hold something that's new and turn it over and over in his hands. Then he'll put it in his mouth for a second, pull it out and turn it over and over. He'll do this pretty meticulously, examining it. Anyway, when he goes to sleep we'll give him his blanket and he'll grab it and put it over his head for a few seconds, then usually roll over and snuggle with it. Almost every nap I have to go in there and pull it away from his face - he'll have it bunched up next to his nose.

In this one he's just cute.

Sometimes he'll be on his belly when I go in to get him from his naps, playing. One day he was just peeking out through the rails. He always gets so excited when I walk in to get him, he'll start kicking everywhere. I think he likes to kick in his crib because it has more bounce than other surfaces.

For you Penn State fans. He sleeps in heavier gear as he will usually get cold, and one night all I could find was two socks that didn't match. It just worked out perfect that all of his clothes matched.

This one just makes you smile.

I came in one day to get him from his nap -he moved before I could take the picture, but his arm was sticking out through the rail, too. He likes to pull his socks off - the blue one is on, but not the gray one :). He wasn't crying though, just playing. On another note, I hate our bumper. I think they made the ties short because kids can strangle themselves or whatever, but it doesn't fit our crib well at all. And they are so short that they don't wrap around the corner posts well at all.

I had to break down and buy him one of those toys with the stackable rings. He's really good at taking them off...not so good at putting them on. One time he grabbed the third one and the top two fell all over his face (he was reclined in his bouncer). He didn't mind though. He's pretty easy going.

I know this one is about the same, but black and white looks so sharp, I think.

We'll sit him up against the couch with a pillow behind him just in case he falls backwards. Today he grabbed a toy, joyfully shoved it to his mouth, and arched his back so he went right back onto the pillow. It was super cute, and lucky for him that we still keep the pillow there.

He just loves to play and laugh :).

Like father, like son...Jason was playing Duck Hunt. Gotta start him young!

Zach in a box! Seriously, the most ordinary things hold hours of play time and amusement. And the cardboard holds up better than paper when he chews on it!

I love his face! I bought these balls because we didn't have any to roll around. They are actually for the pool and hold water so you can throw them at people. But apparently they don't hold up well in the washing machine - they kind of lost their shape.

Well that's all folks. I tried not to make it as long as the last one to avoid any more fines (thanks, Sean). :)

3 Comments:
As Matt and I were looking through this post, we noticed that in some pictures his features are "soft like Jodee's" and other he "has Jason's expressions." Truly a cutie-pie!
I have a love/hate relationship with our bumper, too. Love the pattern, hate the short strings and seemingly not-long-enough sides. Judah often sticks his feets through the slats of his crib while he sleeps. It's like he's treating the bumper as a foot rest! :-P
Yeah, aren't bumpers supposed to stay put so they don't get their limbs through? I thought that was the point. Are all bumpers stupid like that or is there a good brand that does it's job? I often come in and find Zach with his legs through the crib or like you said, as a foot rest.
that's funny, when you were talking about bumpers i thought you were all talking about car bumpers. guess i should have read the actual post first eh?
Post a Comment
<< Home