Thursday, June 18, 2009

Balloon Animals

So a long time ago (Christmas, maybe?) my dad had purchased us a balloon kit, complete with a little hand pump and book. We had never opened it, but then one day I decided we better or we should just get rid of it. What fun! It was a total blast. It's pretty noisy, but Z and I just love it. It takes a while to learn the appropriate amount of tail to leave, but that's the only iffy factor - the balloons are quite sturdy. We started out just with the animals from that book, then checked out more from the library. We've had gobs and gobs of balloon creatures since then. There was actually a couple of middle school boys that came to our house on a hunt asking for a blue balloon, so I gave them a gorilla. They thought that was pretty neat, and I'm pretty sure nobody else came back with a balloon animal. Made me feel special :).

Here's Z with the first two dogs I made. He loves the "poof-tail."


The green one was the first one I made :). The books tell you how large of a bubble to make, but there's a learning curve.

He was so excited he didn't want to stand still :).

The flower from our book - it's actually fairly complicated (for a newby).

About this time Zachary really started role playing with his toys as though they were actual people/characters. His halloween costume he called Tony (I believe like Tony the Tiger from Frosted Flakes). He carted him all over the house, showing him things and talking to him. It was pretty funny. He also told his turtle Chester (I guess Jason helped him name that one - when he gets excited it's "Chestie!") on several occasions that he needs to be all done talking when we put him in bed to go to sleep. Sometimes it helps to make it an overarching rule rather than just to Zach :).

I also woke up to Zachary singing the Oompa Loompa song from the Willy Wonka stories. He hasn't actually seen the movie, but it's a fun little song to sing. Another morning I awoke to hear him saying "putt putt cough!" from the Berenstain Bears and the Big Road Race. It's just funny how much actually sticks in his brain - he just sucks up information!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home