Halloween
Here are some pictures from around Halloween. We went to a second hand store and found Z a cheap costume. We managed to find a lion costume to fit with the zoo theme we like so much. Next year he said he wanted to be a giraffe, so we'll see if he still wants to and if we can manage it.
J let Z try it on and go out in the yard. They should me the pictures, saying they found a cat in the yard :). Z actually didn't like to wear the hat, and it took him a while to be comfortable just wearing the suit, so we gave him several days "warm up" before Halloween.

Eating breakfast with Vanessa, Eva's niece.

Playing in his costume again.


His cute little tail :). I washed the thing after I brought it home, but because of the lion's face didn't want it in the washing machine...so I washed it in the sink. I used some spray and wash on what I thought were stains, but I think they were just dirt marks. Unfortunately I used a lot of Spray and Wash, and even after several rinses they thing still smelled pretty potent. There are worse things to smell like, I guess.

Before we headed to the party at our church, we stopped by Jeanie's house for a little bit. He's so cute :). And I managed to find the cloth pumpkin bag I remember from so long ago. Though I don't know if I used it or we just had it for as long as I can remember.



He was roaring :).


We went over to Calvary's Harvest Party. I remember helping out with that years ago, and it was always a blast. There were gobs of people there, and it was so warm inside! Poor Z was just sweating inside his costume; we had to take breaks outside and undo the top part so he could cool down. But there were a lot of fun little games, and he got more than enough candy (considering he doesn't eat any). Z had a lot of fun playing the games, I think. There was a bean bag toss, and the goal was to get a bean bag in each of the four holes (or however many they had). Instead of standing back and tossing them, he just walked right up and put them in. And he had to put one in each hole. He had to stop to think what to do with the last bean bag as each hole already had one in it :). It was pretty funny how systematic his brain was.
They also did a skit half way through about a guy stuck in a box. Another guy plays other characters coming up (complete with duct tape man) and offering different solutions as to how to get out of the box. I remember the skit from Young Life, the point being people offer solutions to the problem of sin but Christ is the only way out. Zach talked about the guy stuck in the box for a pretty long time.
Here we are just hanging out.

This game you had to put the ball into the hole in the ark (an aftermarket adjustment).

This game you had to toss the ball in the moving whale. All the games they adjusted for the age of the kid - that's why Z is so close. But the guy is the craziest - most people dressed up there were harmless characters, non-threatening to kids. KISS may be a little borderline...:)


And a shooting game.
J let Z try it on and go out in the yard. They should me the pictures, saying they found a cat in the yard :). Z actually didn't like to wear the hat, and it took him a while to be comfortable just wearing the suit, so we gave him several days "warm up" before Halloween.

Eating breakfast with Vanessa, Eva's niece.

Playing in his costume again.


His cute little tail :). I washed the thing after I brought it home, but because of the lion's face didn't want it in the washing machine...so I washed it in the sink. I used some spray and wash on what I thought were stains, but I think they were just dirt marks. Unfortunately I used a lot of Spray and Wash, and even after several rinses they thing still smelled pretty potent. There are worse things to smell like, I guess.

Before we headed to the party at our church, we stopped by Jeanie's house for a little bit. He's so cute :). And I managed to find the cloth pumpkin bag I remember from so long ago. Though I don't know if I used it or we just had it for as long as I can remember.



He was roaring :).


We went over to Calvary's Harvest Party. I remember helping out with that years ago, and it was always a blast. There were gobs of people there, and it was so warm inside! Poor Z was just sweating inside his costume; we had to take breaks outside and undo the top part so he could cool down. But there were a lot of fun little games, and he got more than enough candy (considering he doesn't eat any). Z had a lot of fun playing the games, I think. There was a bean bag toss, and the goal was to get a bean bag in each of the four holes (or however many they had). Instead of standing back and tossing them, he just walked right up and put them in. And he had to put one in each hole. He had to stop to think what to do with the last bean bag as each hole already had one in it :). It was pretty funny how systematic his brain was.
They also did a skit half way through about a guy stuck in a box. Another guy plays other characters coming up (complete with duct tape man) and offering different solutions as to how to get out of the box. I remember the skit from Young Life, the point being people offer solutions to the problem of sin but Christ is the only way out. Zach talked about the guy stuck in the box for a pretty long time.
Here we are just hanging out.

This game you had to put the ball into the hole in the ark (an aftermarket adjustment).

This game you had to toss the ball in the moving whale. All the games they adjusted for the age of the kid - that's why Z is so close. But the guy is the craziest - most people dressed up there were harmless characters, non-threatening to kids. KISS may be a little borderline...:)


And a shooting game.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home