Saturday, June 13, 2009

More Presents

We didn't actually want a lot of presents for Z's birthday - we gave a few people select gifts, but he's got so many toys. And as my brother says, kids are happy playing with boxes and sticks. So I try to make sure the toys we do get him have a serious purpose. Jeanie got him these puzzles.

One thing I really did want to get him - our only gift to him - was a cooking set. I researched it quite a bit and bought a set that's got like 40 pieces or something. Pretend and Play is the brand. Dad bought him some food, as did Grammie Jeanie. The set didn't come until the day after his birthday, but I was super excited about it! I think Z liked it, too...soon all the pieces were scattered.

Here he is with a banana. The food is actually pretty sturdy, and supposed to be pretty close to life size. Which doesn't help for little pots and pans, but oh well.

Cutting up some food...

And pouring tea...he just loved to do that!

Pouring orange juice. We also made some pretend bread (the set came with an old school timer, though it doesn't ding). Zach really enjoyed the cooking set, and I think it was a pretty great idea. I wanted more food but didn't buy any because Jason couldn't handle more pieces. We probably don't need it, but I'm not ruling it out as a future purchase :). Z can be pretty creative when playing with the sets, which is pretty important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home